By Adolfo Tarango, UCSD

Springer Online Journal Archives include approximately 1,200 journal titles in eleven subject area packages, which are being released from May 2005 to October 2005.  Springer has told CDL that by October 95% of all archival content will be available in SpringerLink and the remaining 5% will be online in early 2006.  The Shared Cataloging Program (SCP) will not update the holdings statements for the individual Springer journals with content in the Online Springer Archive until all of the archived content for a title has been added.

Additional details about the content that is currently available can be found at the Springer web site: http://www.springeronline.com/sgw/cda/frontpage/0,11855,4-117-2-126299-0,00.html 

Be aware that while content is being added users may find that although a volume is noted as being complete, some issues or articles in that volume may not yet be available online.  Later this year Springer will give the CDL a full overview of available archives.