Shape the future of discovery and delivery in library systems.
Position: Programmer Analyst IV
You are a senior programmer and digital library strategist committed to growing the next generation of discovery & delivery services. You seek out innovative ways to continually extend and improve interactive library systems. You take pride in identifying emerging and disruptive technologies to position your team for effective network level discovery and delivery for the next three to five years. As a pragmatic strategist you have the ability to “read the tea leaves” to understand trends, then take it to the next level and make a concrete action plan. You are deeply and creatively engaged with the digital library domain and a champion for users.
You want to drive work on:
- Collaborative projects with partners such as Google, Internet Archive, the HathiTrust and WEST
- Strategic planning
- Multi-campus systems
- Large datasets
We are the California Digital Library’s Discovery & Delivery Team. We’re planning and building the next generation of library services even as we make our existing systems better. We need you to help us make it happen. Read more about what we do and our strategic goals on the CDL website.
- BS in Computer Science, information management/science, or a related field
- 8-10 years experience in information technology
- Demonstrated technical project management skills
- At least 5 years experience designing, coding and implementing complex production systems
- Experience with object-oriented languages (e.g. Java, C) and scripting languages (e.g PERL, Ruby).
- Excellent knowledge of web standards and cross-browser development.
- Knowledge and technical competence in the digital library domain
Apply here: UCOP job website (requisition 20100195)