The California Digital Library will be offering two introductory Web Archiving Service sessions in April and another session to preview forthcoming enhancements to the service.
Web Archiving Service Introduction Sessions
On April 14th and again on the 25th at 9:30 we will offer an overview of the service. If you are a new WAS user or if you’re just curious about the service, you’re welcome to join. You’ll learn how to use the Web Archiving Service to capture critical websites and publications and build searchable archives. This 1.5 hour session will cover the basics of using the service, allowing plenty of time for questions.
- How to use WAS settings to control what you capture
- QA tips for evaluating capture results
- How you can configure your archives for public access
To register for Thursday, April 14 9:30-11am, pacific: https://cc.readytalk.com/r/f1xir9i3yn5d
To register for Monday, April 25 9:30-11am pacific: https://cc.readytalk.com/r/ojzgj3qbx2n7
On the day of the session:
Forthcoming WAS Features: QA Tools, Duplicate Reduction and Search Enhancements
This one hour session will offer a preview of new Web Archiving Service features, including:
- New reports to help you more quickly assess the quality of captures in your archives
- New search features for public archives, including limiting a search to sites with specific tags and limiting searches by date.
- How curatorial search and display has changed with new duplicate reduction features.