By Perry Willett, Digital Preservation Services Manager
Merritt Service Description
Merritt is a production level service that provides the UC community with an easy to use tool to manage, archive, and share their content. Content can be deposited and managed via a user-interface or an API.
Merritt Training Materials, Guides, FAQs and Webinars
More information about Merritt is available at http://www.cdlib.org/services/uc3/merritt or by sending an inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org.
See also Merritt webinars: http://www.cdlib.org/services/uc3/uc3webinars.html.
Recent Enhancements, News, and Activities
- We are working on a funding model for Merritt, and have drafted a white paper that analyzes the Total Cost of Preservation. We are beginning to circulate copies of the white paper for comment.
- UC3 is a DataONE Member Node. DataONE will soon release a production version of their software. We continue to work with the UC Davis Information Center for the Environment to receive their data and their data will be part of the DataONE collection.
- The CDL, UCSF’s CTSI & UCSF’s Library are working collaboratively with the UCSF DataShare project. DataShare will use Merritt and other services to manage, share, and provide access to biomedical data. The development schedule is being developed but DataShare’s goals to facilitate data sharing, discovery and reuse, mesh well with many other of our clients and partners, and the features developed will benefit many other clients.
- We have begun work with the SDSC Cloud Storage service, leading to the eventual transfer of our current storage to the SDSC Cloud. This is just part of our ongoing strategy to keep storage costs low for our clients.
- The UC Berkeley Transportation Studies Library has begun to deposit their collections of reports into Merritt.
- UCSC continues to add sound recordings to their Merritt collection.
Service Monitoring and Availability
Check Merritt’s system status page http://www.cdlib.org/contact/system.html.