EZID, the easy long-term identifier service, just got a new look. EZID lets you create and maintain ARKs and DataCite Digital Object Identifiers (DOIs), and now it’s even easier to use:
- One stop for EZID and all EZID information, including webinars, FAQs, and more.
- A clean, bright new look.
- No more hunting across two locations for the materials and information you need.
- NEW Manage IDs functions:
- View all identifiers created by logged-in account;
- View most recent 10 interactions–based on the account–not the session;
- See the scope of your identifier work without any API programming.
- NEW in the UI: Reserve an Identifier
- Create identifiers early in the research cycle;
- Choose whether or not you want to make your identifier public–reserve them if you don’t;
- On the Manage screen, view the identifier’s status (public, reserved, unavailable/just testing).
In the coming months, we will also be introducing these EZID user interface enhancements:
- Enhanced support for DataCite metadata in the UI;
- Reporting support for institution-level clients.
So, stay tuned: EZID just gets better and better!