EZID (easy-eye-dee) is a production service that gives researchers the ability to create and manage long-term identifiers so that they can to track usage, get credit for their work, share their data, and have the data reused for additional research. As a result, EZID identifiers also make it possible to increase citations, to build on previous work, to conduct new research, and avoid duplicating previous efforts.
Additional EZID Information (training materials, guides, FAQ, etc)
EZID Partners and Clients
Our current EZID clients include academic institutions, government agencies, non-profit organizations and a commercial entity. Bolded entries are new additions since our last update.
- UC Berkeley Library (on behalf of the UC Berkeley campus)
- UC Los Angeles Library (on behalf of the UC LA campus)
- UC Merced Library (on behalf of the UC Merced campus)
- UC Riverside (on behalf of the UC Riverside campus)
- UC San Diego Library (on behalf of the UC San Diego campus)
- UC Santa Cruz Library
- UC Santa Barbara Library (on behalf of the UC Santa Barbara campus)
- American Astronomical Society http://www.aas.org
- Centre national de documentation pédagogique http://www.cndp.fr/
- Cornell Institute for Social and Economic Research http://ciser.cornell.edu/
- Data Planet http://www.conquestsystems.com
- The Digital Archaeological Record (tDAR) http://www.tdar.org
- Dryad Data Repository http://datadryad.org
- Earth Science Information Partners (ESIP) Data Stewardship & Preservation Cluster http://www.esipfed.org
- Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center http://www.fhcrc.org
- Harte Research Institute at Texas A&M Corpus Christi, http://www.harteresearchinstitute.org/
- LabArchives http://www.labarchives.com/
- Long Term Ecological Research Network (LTER) Office
- National Atmospheric and Space Administration (NASA)’s Goddard Space Flight Center http://earthdata.nasa.gov/
- The National Center for Atmospheric Research http://ncar.ucar.edu
- The National Snow and Ice Data Center http://nsidc.org/
- Oregon Health Sciences University Library (on behalf of the OHSU campus) http://www.ohsu.edu/xd/education/library/
- Qualitative Data Repository, CQRM http://www.maxwell.syr.edu/moynihan/cqrm/About_CQRM/
- Université Claude Bernard Lyon Library http://www.univ-lyon1.fr/
- University of Oregon Libraries (on behalf of the UO campus) http://libweb.uoregon.edu/
- University of Washington Libraries, http://www.lib.washington.edu/
- USGS/Earth Sciences Data Clearinghouse (formerly National Biological Info. Infrastructure) http://www.nbii.gov/portal/server.pt
Two additional UC Libraries are in the process of evaluating EZID: UC San Francisco and UC Irvine.
- EZID has been selected for honorable mention in the Larry L. Sautter Award Program. The award will be presented at the annual UC Computing Services Conference (UCCSC) at UC Berkeley, in early August. For more information about the conference, see https://uccsc.berkeley.edu/.
- Lead Architect John Kunze attended the DataCite Summer Meeting in Copenhagen, Denmark. While there, he presented EZID’s Strategy for Identifier Management, a development roadmap. The document is available here: http://dot.ucop.edu/specs/EZIDstrategy2012.pdf
- Service Manager Joan Starr gave two presentations at the American Library Association’s Annual Meeting in Anaheim, CA. Slides from both talks are available on EZID’s Outreach page: http://n2t.net/ezid/home/outreach
- In June, the EZID User Interface was enhanced with a new FAQ especially for librarians: http://n2t.net/ezid/home/libraryfaq
Since June 25, 2010, EZID has had an uptime performance 99.9%.
EZID Service Manager