- EZID added support for an additional DataCite metadata element, resourceType. This is similar to the Dublin Core Format element, and it will become a required by DataCite in the next few months. We decided to help users prepare now for this by introducing support into our API and the user interface. The API documentation and tooltips now include information about this element (http://n2t.net/ezid/doc/apidoc.html#profile-datacite).
- Lead Architect John Kunze announced the forming of an ARK identifier discussion group. The group is intended as a public forum for people interested in sharing with and learning from others about how ARKs have been or could be used in identifier applications. Anyone interested can join at http://groups.google.com/group/arks-forum.
EZID Partners and Clients
Our current EZID clients include academic institutions, government agencies, non-profit organizations and a commercial entity. Bolded entries are new additions since our last update.
- UC Berkeley Library (on behalf of the UC Berkeley campus)
- UC Los Angeles Library (on behalf of the UC LA campus)
- UC Merced Library (on behalf of the UC Merced campus)
- UC Riverside (on behalf of the UC Riverside campus)
- UC San Diego Library (on behalf of the UC San Diego campus)
- UC San Francisco Library (on behalf of the UC San Francisco campus)
- UC Santa Cruz Library
- UC Santa Barbara Library (on behalf of the UC Santa Barbara campus)
- American Astronomical Society http://www.aas.org
- Centre national de documentation pédagogique http://www.cndp.fr
- Cornell Institute for Social and Economic Research http://ciser.cornell.edu/
- Data Planet http://www.conquestsystems.com
- The Digital Archaeological Record (tDAR) http://www.tdar.org
- Dryad Data Repository http://datadryad.org
- Earth Science Information Partners (ESIP)’s Commons http://commons.esipfed.org/
- Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center http://www.fhcrc.org
- Harte Research Institute at Texas A&M Corpus Christi, http://www.harteresearchinstitute.org/
- LabArchives http://www.labarchives.com/
- Long Term Ecological Research Network (LTER) Office
- National Atmospheric and Space Administration (NASA)’s Goddard Space Flight Center http://earthdata.nasa.gov/
- The National Center for Atmospheric Research http://ncar.ucar.edu
- The National Snow and Ice Data Center http://nsidc.org/
- Oregon Health Sciences University Library (on behalf of the OHSU campus) http://www.ohsu.edu/xd/education/library/
- Qualitative Data Repository, CQRM http://www.maxwell.syr.edu/moynihan/cqrm/About_CQRM/
- Université Claude Bernard Lyon Library http://www.univ-lyon1.fr/
- University of Massachusetts Amherst Libraries (on behalf of the UMass Amherst campus)
- University of Oregon Libraries (on behalf of the UO campus) http://libweb.uoregon.edu/
- University of Washington Libraries http://www.lib.washington.edu/
- USGS/Earth Sciences Data Clearinghouse (formerly National Biological Info. Infrastructure) http://www.nbii.gov/portal/server.pt
- Washington State University Libraries (on behalf of the WSU campus)
The UC Irvine Libraries are in the process of ordering EZID.
EZID (easy-eye-dee) is a production service that gives researchers the ability to create and manage long-term identifiers so that they can to track usage, get credit for their work, share their data, and have the data reused for additional research. As a result, EZID identifiers also make it possible to increase citations, to build on previous work, to conduct new research, and avoid duplicating previous efforts.
Additional EZID Information (training materials, guides, FAQ, etc)
More information about EZID is available by sending an inquiry to email@example.com. See also EZID outreach and webinars: http://n2t.net/ezid/home/outreach.
Since June 25, 2010, EZID has had an uptime performance 99.9%.