Recent Enhancements, News, and Activities
A number of enhancements have been deployed to Merritt as of July 2012, as summarized on the UC3 Curation wiki (https://confluence.ucop.edu/display/Curation/Home). Some of the key highlights:
- Merritt now supports public access to designated collections and objects. Depositors can designate collections as “dark” or “light” archives, and can change the designation at any point. We also now have persistent URLs to object landing pages and to individual files that can be used in catalogs, finding aids and other external access systems.
- Merritt supports integration with the eXtensible Text Framework (XTF – http://www.cdlib.org/services/publishing/tools/xtf/) for search, browse, and delivery. In collaboration with UC3, the DataShare program at UC San Francisco is deploying XTF to provide open access to data stored in Merritt. DataShare will be conducting user testing on this integration, and plans on rolling out their site to the public in September.
- The Merritt administrative user interface for submitting digital objects has been streamlined and simplified.
- Depositors can now submit Dublin Core XML metadata records with digital objects instead of ERC records.
- Merritt now supports the display of click-through use agreements for particular collections. This functionality is being piloted with UCSF DataShare content.
- We will be hosting a webinar on Wednesday, August 22, 2012 from 2:00-3:00 to highlight these new enhancements. Please join us. The webinar is freely open, with a limit to the first 150 attendees; a recording will be made available and posted on our website. To register, please see: https://cc.readytalk.com/r/gkc12p2yc1t6
Planned Network Outage, Sunday August 26
IMPORTANT: There will be a planned network outage on Sunday, August 26 that will cause total interruption of many of our services. We will post a more detail schedule of the outage to the CDLALERT-L listserv and to appropriate user groups and listservs. The most recent CDLAlert issued and the CDLALERT-L Archive are viewable on CDL’s System Status page at http://www.cdlib.org/contact/system.html.
Merritt Service Description
Merritt is a production level service that provides the UC community with an easy to use tool to manage, archive, and share their content. Content can be deposited and managed via a user-interface or an API.
See also Merritt webinars: http://www.cdlib.org/services/uc3/uc3webinars.html.
Service Monitoring and Availability
Check Merritt’s system status page http://www.cdlib.org/contact/system.html.