We will host a webinar on Wednesday, August 22, 2012 from 2:00-3:00pm (PT) to highlight new enhancements to Merritt. The webinar is open to the public, with a limit to the first 150 attendees; a recording will be made available and posted on our website. To register, please see: https://cc.readytalk.com/r/gkc12p2yc1t6
The enhancements to Merritt are summarized on the UC3 Curation wiki <https://confluence.ucop.edu/display/Curation/Merritt+Enhancements+and+Developments> Some of the key highlights:
- Merritt now supports public access to designated collections and objects. Depositors can designate collections as “dark” or “light” archives, and can change the designation at any point. We also now have persistent URLs to object landing pages and to individual files that can be used in catalogs, finding aids and other external access systems.
- Merritt supports integration with the eXtensible Text Framework (XTF – http://www.cdlib.org/services/publishing/tools/xtf/) for search, browse, and delivery. In collaboration with UC3, the DataShare program at UC San Francisco is deploying XTF to provide open access to data stored in Merritt. DataShare will be conducting user testing on this integration, and plans on rolling out their site to the public in September.
- The Merritt administrative user interface for submitting digital objects has been streamlined and simplified.
- Depositors can now submit Dublin Core XML metadata records with digital objects instead of ERC records.
- Merritt now supports the display of click-through data use agreements for particular collections. This functionality is being piloted with UCSF DataShare content.
We will demo all the new functionality, and have time for discussion. We look forward to demo’ing the new features!
Perry Willett and Adrian Turner