By Jean McKenzie, UC Berkeley Engineering Library, Resource Liaison for SPIE
The SPIE Digital Library (SPIEDL) moved to Silverchair Information Systems platform SCM6 on August 22, 2012. SPIEDL has an updated look, improved functionality, and more content.
- 40,000 additional articles from 1962 to 1989 from the Proceedings of SPIE and the journal Optical Engineering have been added, extending coverage back to Volume 1
- New optics and photonics taxonomy for more relevant searching
- New content collections defined for more than 120 subject areas allowing for browsing across proceedings, journals and books
- Mobile access via a web browser enabled for phones and tablets
- Author profile links showing author publications and society activities
SPIEDL is comprised of papers from more than 300 conferences, 8 journals and 160+ books. Currently there are approximately 375,000 papers covering biomedical optics and medical imaging, communications, electronic imaging, signal processing and other optics and photonics subjects.
SPIE Digital Library: http://spiedigitallibrary.org/