- Service Manager Joan Starr held a webinar on August 15th attended by more than 100 participants from organizations all over the country. The webinar was recorded, and the audio and slides are both available on the EZID outreach page, http://n2t.net/ezid/home/outreach.
- We finalized an exciting new partnership with EDINA, a UK national academic data center based at the University of Edinburgh, and JISC, one of the UK’s major information and digital technologies project sponsors. A key outcome is the establishment of a live replica for the ARK resolver in the UK. We are very pleased about this development, as it means an increase in service reliability and infrastructure robustness. For more information, see: http://www.cdlib.org/cdlinfo/2012/09/04/announcing-ezid-uk/.
EZID Partners and Clients
Our current EZID clients include academic institutions, government agencies, non-profit organizations and a commercial entity. Bolded entries are new additions since our last update.
- UC Berkeley Library (on behalf of the UC Berkeley campus)
- UC Los Angeles Library (on behalf of the UC LA campus)
- UC Merced Library (on behalf of the UC Merced campus)
- UC Riverside (on behalf of the UC Riverside campus)
- UC San Diego Library (on behalf of the UC San Diego campus)
- UC San Francisco Library (on behalf of the UC San Francisco campus)
- UC Santa Cruz Library
- UC Santa Barbara Library (on behalf of the UC Santa Barbara campus)
- American Astronomical Society http://www.aas.org
- Centre national de documentation pédagogique http://www.cndp.fr/
- Cornell Institute for Social and Economic Research http://ciser.cornell.edu/
- Data Planet http://www.conquestsystems.com
- The Digital Archaeological Record (tDAR) http://www.tdar.org
- Dryad Data Repository http://datadryad.org
- Earth Science Information Partners (ESIP)’s Commons http://commons.esipfed.org/
- Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center http://www.fhcrc.org
- Harte Research Institute at Texas A&M, Corpus Christi http://www.harteresearchinstitute.org/
- LabArchives http://www.labarchives.com/
- Long Term Ecological Research Network (LTER) Office
- National Atmospheric and Space Administration (NASA)’s Goddard Space Flight Center http://earthdata.nasa.gov/
- The National Center for Atmospheric Research http://ncar.ucar.edu
- The National Snow and Ice Data Center http://nsidc.org/
- Oregon Health Sciences University Library (on behalf of the OHSU campus)http://www.ohsu.edu/xd/education/library/
- Qualitative Data Repository, CQRM http://www.maxwell.syr.edu/moynihan/cqrm/About_CQRM/
- Université Claude Bernard Lyon Library http://www.univ-lyon1.fr/
- University of Massachusetts Amherst Libraries (on behalf of the UMass Amherst campus)
- University of Oregon Libraries (on behalf of the UO campus) http://libweb.uoregon.edu/
- University of Utah Library (on behalf of the entire University of Utah campus)
- University of Washington Libraries http://www.lib.washington.edu/
- USGS/Earth Sciences Data Clearinghouse (formerly National Biological Info. Infrastructure)
- Washington State University Libraries (on behalf of the WSU campus)
The UC Irvine Libraries are in the process of ordering EZID.
EZID (easy-eye-dee) is a production service that gives researchers the ability to create and manage long-term identifiers so that they can to track usage, get credit for their work, share their data, and have the data reused for additional research. As a result, EZID identifiers also make it possible to increase citations, to build on previous work, to conduct new research, and avoid duplicating previous efforts.
Additional EZID Information (training materials, guides, FAQ, etc.)
More information about EZID is available by sending an inquiry to email@example.com. See also EZID outreach and webinars: http://n2t.net/ezid/home/outreach.
Since June 25, 2010, EZID has had an uptime performance 99.9%. A service outage in August persisted for 30 minutes or less beginning at midnight, 8/25/12, PDT.