By Patricia Cruse, Director, UC3
Researchers now must manage and share their data as part of research grants, and are looking for assistance in meeting these requirements for data curation. Libraries, data centers, offices of research and other organizations within the university are coming together to support researchers and to grapple with issues surrounding data curation. The UC Curation Center at the California Digital Library has developed a set of services for supporting data curation, which are available for implementation on UC campuses. Coupled with existing services such as eScholarship, they provide a range of solutions that can be integrated with those on each campus to create innovative services.
In this two-day workshop, we will discuss the research data life cycle, and the tools and services offered by CDL to support it. You will have an opportunity to see the services up close, talk with the service managers, and learn about data curation projects happening on various UC campuses. Come join us for a discussion of the tools, resources, costs, audiences and benefits of data curation services. Please join us.
Schedule and registration:
Please register at: http://uc3workshops.eventbrite.com/
The workshop will be offered at the following locations:
- November 8th and 9th — Oakland, California
- November 13th and 14th — University of California, Irvine
(We are still finalizing locations and we will share when available)
There is no registration fee and we are limiting each workshop to 50 people.
Who should attend?
This workshop will be informative for librarians and library staff supporting researchers, in addition to staff at data centers and offices of research.
- Justin Gonder, eScholarship Operations Coordinator
- Rosalie Lack, WAS Service Manager
- Joan Starr, EZID Service Manager
- Carly Strasser, DataUp Service Manager
- Adrian Turner, Merritt Service Manager and Data Consultant
- Perry Willet, DMPTool and Merritt Service Manager
- Patricia Cruse, Director, UC Curation Center, CDL
Please contact Patricia Cruse <Patricia.email@example.com> if you have questions.