Recent Enhancements, News, and Activities
- DMPTool webinar series: The first webinar, an introduction to the DMPTool, will be May 28.
- Register for the webinar: http://bit.ly/Z4g43Z
- Read more about the webinar series: http://bit.ly/12C9vWh
- We’ve created two advisory boards for the DMPTool, a Researcher Advisory Board and an Administrative Advisory Board. Both boards will review and advise on directions and
functionality of the DMPTool and its overall value to researchers. We’re still finalizing the membership, and will announce the members soon.
- New team members:
- We hired a software developer, Joshua Hubbard, who will work on the changes to the
DMPTool. He will be based in Oakland at CDL, and will begin April 1. Welcome Josh!
- We hired Daniel Phipps as part of the Institute of Museum and Library Services grant we received for 2013. Dan is working with Carly Strasser to develop materials for libraries to educate researchers about data management, using the DMPTool as a centerpiece. Dan is currently an MLIS student at UCLA and will graduate in June.
- There were 255 data management plans created in March 2013, and 190 new users. There are a total of almost 5,000 registered users from over 700 institutions, who have created over 4,200 data management plans.
There are now 82 partner institutions that have either configured their campus single‐signon or customized the DMPTool for their users. There are participating organizations in 34 states and the District of Columbia; California leads all states with 18 participating organizations. A map of all participating organizations is available here: http://bit.ly/L85sKj.
DMPTool Service Description
The Data Management Plan Tool (DMPTool) provides an easy to use interface that:
- Helps users create ready-to-use data management plans for specific funding agencies
- Meets funder requirements for data management plans
- Provides step-by-step instructions and guidance for how to manage data
- Provides information about resources and services available at your institution to help fulfill the data management requirements of your grant
DMPTool Service Managers
- Perry Willett firstname.lastname@example.org
- Carly Strasser email@example.com
- Trisha Cruse firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send any questions or general correspondence to email@example.com. Note that campus library contacts have been embedded in the DMPTool and campus users will be directed to a local library contact.
DMPTool Training Materials, Guides, FAQs and Webinars
Help Guide: https://dmp.cdlib.org/help/guide.
Service Monitoring and Availability
Check CDL’s system status page at http://www.cdlib.org/contact/system.html.