Recent Enhancements, News, and Activities
- Strasser provided a demonstration of DataUp to attendees at the Beyond the PDF 2 Conference, held in Amsterdam.
- Strasser submitted a paper on DataUp and the DMPTool to the Research Data Management
Infrastructure Meeting in Washington DC. The PDF is available here.
- Strasser presented a webinar to the USGS community on DataUp; slides are available here.
- Strasser attended UC Merced Library’s Research Week Events and presented on DataUp; slides are available here.
- We had an intern, Sarina Sinick, from the University of Illinois working at the CDL on DataUp as part of the GSLIS Alternative Spring Break. She focused on improving the DataUp technical documentation.
- We reorganized the DataUp BitBucket site to improve readability and usability.
DataUp Service Description
The DataUp add-in and web application help researchers organize, manage, archive, and share their tabular data. The major functionality of both tools is to guide researchers through the following:
- Carry out a best practices check to determine if there are issues present that might make use or interpretation of the data difficult
- Create metadata in standardized EML (Ecological Metadata Language) format
- Describe the attributes (i.e. columns) of the dataset in standard EML format
- Obtain a unique identifier for the dataset
- Generate a data citation
- Post the data and associated metadata to a data repository
DataUp Training Materials, Guides, FAQs and Webinars
The most current DataUp information is on the website (http://dataup.cdlib.org). This includes frequently asked questions and instructions on accessing and using DataUp. Other relevant sites include the code site (https://bitbucket.org/dataup/main) and the web application site (http://dataup.org).