Recent Enhancements, News, and Activities
- DMPTool webinar series: The first webinar, an introduction to the DMPTool, will be May 28.
- Register for the webinar: http://bit.ly/Z4g43Z
- Read more about the webinar series: http://blogs.library.ucla.edu/dmptool/webinar-series/
- We’ve created two advisory boards for the DMPTool, a Researcher Advisory Board and an Administrative Advisory Board. More about the advisory boards, with membership, here:
- We’ve updated the data management requirements for the NSF Biological Sciences directorate. We contacted everyone who had customized this template for their institution. You will find more information about the changes here:
- New team members:
- We hired a software developer, Bhavi Vedula, who will work on the changes to the
DMPTool. She will be based in Oakland at CDL, and will begin May 1. She and our other
new developer Josh Hubbard will begin to implement the requirements developed by
the project team.
- There were 241 data management plans created in April 2013, and 287 new users. There are a total of over 5,200 registered users from over 700 institutions, who have created over 4,500 data management plans.
There are now 83 partner institutions that have either configured their campus single‐signon or customized the DMPTool for their users. There are participating organizations in 34 states and the District of Columbia; California leads all states with 18 participating organizations. A map of all participating organizations is available here: http://bit.ly/L85sKj.
DMPTool Service Description
The Data Management Plan Tool (DMPTool) provides an easy to use interface that:
- Helps users create ready-to-use data management plans for specific funding agencies
- Meets funder requirements for data management plans
- Provides step-by-step instructions and guidance for how to manage data
- Provides information about resources and services available at your institution to help fulfill the data management requirements of your grant
DMPTool Service Managers
- Perry Willett firstname.lastname@example.org
- Carly Strasser email@example.com
- Trisha Cruse firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send any questions or general correspondence to email@example.com. Note that campus library contacts have been embedded in the DMPTool and campus users will be directed to a local library contact.
DMPTool Training Materials, Guides, FAQs and Webinars
Help Guide: https://dmp.cdlib.org/help/guide.
Service Monitoring and Availability
Check CDL’s system status page at http://www.cdlib.org/contact/system.html.