Recent Enhancements, News, and Activities
- Development status: The requirements document has been finalized. Our developers are working on the new administrative features. We’re working with a UI specialist at Purdue and a design firm in Virginia on the design of the interface.
- DMPTool webinar series: The first webinar, an introduction to the DMPTool, was presented on May 28. There were over 140 registrants who attended. It’s likely that a good many more actually attended as some groups met and called in using a shared phone. The slides and recording, as well as the schedule of upcoming webinars, are available here:
- New team member:
- Dan Phipps has been hired to work 50% on the IMLS grant as Outreach Coordinator. He’ll be working closely with Carly Strasser to develop resources for librarians to help in data management.
- There were over 200 data management plans created in May 2013, and 228 new users. There are a total of over 5,400 registered users from over 700 institutions, who have created over 4,700 data management plans.
There are now 87 partner institutions that have either configured their campus single-signon or customized the DMPTool for their users. There are participating organizations in 34 states and the District of Columbia; California leads all states with 18 participating organizations. A map of all participating organizations is available here: http://bit.ly/L85sKj.
DMPTool Service Description
The Data Management Plan Tool (DMPTool) provides an easy to use interface that:
- Helps users create ready-to-use data management plans for specific funding agencies
- Meets funder requirements for data management plans
- Provides step-by-step instructions and guidance for how to manage data
- Provides information about resources and services available at your institution to help fulfill the data management requirements of your grant
DMPTool Service Managers
- Perry Willett firstname.lastname@example.org
- Carly Strasser email@example.com
- Trisha Cruse firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send any questions or general correspondence to email@example.com. Note that campus library contacts have been embedded in the DMPTool and campus users will be directed to a local library contact.
DMPTool Training Materials, Guides, FAQs and Webinars
Help Guide: https://dmp.cdlib.org/help/guide.
Service Monitoring and Availability
Check CDL’s system status page at http://www.cdlib.org/contact/system.html.