- Work is in-progress and on track for the following high priority development activities, slated for completion this summer:
- Migrate Merritt’s underlying technical infrastructure from physical servers to Virtual Machines (VM). (All UCOP services are moving to VMs.) We expect this work to be completed in June 2013.
- Migrate collections from the legacy Digital Preservation Repository (DPR) to Merritt.
- Transition storage from UCOP Data Center to San Diego Supercomputer Center’s Cloud Storage Service.
- The Merritt development team also implemented a routine upgrade to the web applications underlying Merritt (Ruby on Rails).
- UC Berkeley Library added over 4 TB of content to Merritt in May. There is currently over 8 TB of collections within Merritt, total, comprising resources deposited from UC campus libraries and campus departments.
- On Tuesday May 21 at 3:00PM (PT), there was a general UCOP (UC Office of the President) network outage which impacted connectivity for CDL operations and services including Merritt. This outage lasted approximately 1 hour. It did not have any effect on data stored in Merritt. There was some impact on content being submitted at the time of the outage. We have addressed those issues and have ingested all the submissions that were affected. Please contact us at email@example.com with any questions or concerns about this network outage.
For a current summary of 2013 development priorities for 2013, see the UC3 Curation Wiki: http://bit.ly/16O0hGK.
Merritt Service Description
Merritt is a production level service that provides the UC community with an easy to use tool to manage, archive, and share their content. Content can be deposited and managed via a user-interface or an API.
Merritt Service Managers
Please send any questions or general correspondence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Service Monitoring and Availability
Check CDL’s system status page at http://www.cdlib.org/contact/system.html.