May brings changes and challenges to HathiTrust as you can read in the May newsletter. This issue includes the following:
- A message from Executive Director John Wilkin on his appointment as the Dean of Libraries at the University of Illinois. John will be stepping down as the Executive Director of HathiTrust after leading the partnership through its tremendous first 5 years
- News that Brown University has joined HathiTrust
- The announcement of the membership of the inaugural HathiTrust Program Steering Committee (including three of our own UC colleagues: Ivy Anderson [CDL], Todd Grappone [UCLA] and Martha Hruska [UCSD])
- An update from the Board of Governors on partner ballot initiatives from the Constitutional Convention
- A call for nominations for the User Support Working Group
- The announcement of the second annual HathiTrust Research Center UnCamp, to be held September 8-9 in Urbana-Champaign, Illinois
News on these items and more, including copyright review activities, development on the new bibliographic metadata management system, access for users who have print disabilities, and full-text search, is included in the update.