- The DMPTool blog has moved! To get the latest updates and news, redirect your browsers to http://blog.dmptool.org.
- Next generation DMPTool development status: We are making good progress on the next version of the DMPTool. The project page, including requirements for the new tool are located at https://bitbucket.org/dmptool/main/wiki/DMPTool2Project. We have set up an environment for developing the software, and beginning to add features as they are created and tested.
- DMPTool webinar series: We held 3 webinars in June, with an average of about 65 registrants per webinar. (We know that several groups of people called in via one registration, so the actual number of attendees is larger.) The slides and recording, as well as the schedule of upcoming webinars, are available here: http://blog.dmptool.org/webinar-series/.
- There were over 200 data management plans created in June 2013, and 243 new users. There are a total of over 5,600 registered users from over 700 institutions, who have created almost 5,000 data management plans.
- University of California use, 2011-present:
Total users Total plans UC-Berkeley 94 80 UC-Davis 116 75 UC-Irvine 82 60 UCLA 148 111 UC-Merced 27 28 UC-Riverside 24 18 UC-Santa Barbara 48 41 UC-Santa Cruz 44 45 UC-San Diego 149 195 UC-San Francisco 12 14
There are now 89 partner institutions that have either configured their campus single-signon or customized the DMPTool for their users. There are participating organizations in 35 states and the District of Columbia; California leads all states with 19 participating organizations. A map of all participating organizations is available here: http://bit.ly/L85sKj.
DMPTool Service Description
The Data Management Plan Tool (DMPTool) provides an easy to use interface that:
- Helps users create ready-to-use data management plans for specific funding agencies
- Meets funder requirements for data management plans
- Provides step-by-step instructions and guidance for how to manage data
- Provides information about resources and services available at your institution to help fulfill the data management requirements of your grant
DMPTool Service Managers
- Perry Willett firstname.lastname@example.org
- Carly Strasser email@example.com
- Trisha Cruse firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send any questions or general correspondence to email@example.com. Note that campus library contacts have been embedded in the DMPTool and campus users will be directed to a local library contact.
DMPTool Training Materials, Guides, FAQs and Webinars
Help Guide: https://dmp.cdlib.org/help/guide.
Service Monitoring and Availability
Check CDL’s system status page at http://www.cdlib.org/contact/system.html.