- The migration of the Merritt infrastructure to Virtual Machines (VMs) is complete. Each of the Merritt microservices had to be moved and tested. The migration went smoothly, and the new VMs will provide a sound and stable infrastructure for Merritt.
- The migration of content in the legacy Digital Preservation Repository (DPR) to Merritt is underway and on track. We estimate that the migration should take about 6 weeks total, and should be complete in mid-to-late July.
- We are transferring the DPR content directly to San Diego Supercomputer Center’s Cloud Storage Service. We are using this migration also as an opportunity to test the SDSC Cloud Storage Service. Everything is working well so far, and we should be ready to start using it for all prospective Merritt submissions in early July. We are also planning for transferring the Merritt content currently stored in the UCOP data center to SDSC.
- We fixed a bug that caused problems retrieving files that had spaces in the filenames. This is now working properly.
- Adrian Turner will transitioning from UC3 to the CDL’s Access & Publishing Group. Adrian assisted in managing our various development efforts, particularly in creating a fee schedule and service level agreement for Merritt. He will continue to help with several Merritt projects, but will spend more of his time on OAC/Calisphere-related initiatives and also serving on the UC Libraries Digital Collection implementation team (https://wiki.library.ucsf.edu/display/UCLDC). Thanks for all your work, Adrian!
- UC3 hired Ken Weiss as the Development and Production Administrator. He will manage our development and production environments, and help us with documentation. Welcome Ken!
For a current summary of 2013 development priorities for 2013, see the UC3 Curation Wiki: http://bit.ly/16O0hGK.
Merritt Service Description
Merritt is a production level service that provides the UC community with an easy to use tool to manage, archive, and share their content. Content can be deposited and managed via a user-interface or an API.
Merritt Service Managers
- Perry Willett email@example.com
Please send any questions or general correspondence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Service Monitoring and Availability
Check CDL’s system status page at http://www.cdlib.org/contact/system.html.