HathiTrust highlights for the month of December include the following:
- An update on the Executive Director Search
- Approval of HathiTrust’s 2014 budget and fees
- An arrangement to preserve and provide access to materials made available by Knowledge Unlatched
- A reminder about submitting US federal government documents records to HathiTrust by January 31, 2014
- A call for new user support working group members
The California Digital Library (CDL) loaded 143,552 new or updated records into HathiTrust via Zephir, HathiTrust’s new bibliographic metadata management system. Partners interested in submitting bibliographic metadata to Zephir can visit http://www.hathitrust.org/bib_data_submission for an overview of the process.
CDL staff also began working on a variety of improvements to HathiTrust applications. The first is to add quick links to embed HathiTrust volumes in other Web pages to the PageTurner interface. CDL staff created mock-ups and began development.
The UC Libraries added 2,292 volumes to HathiTrust in December, bringing UC’s total volumes to 3,448,170.
Information about content ingest, the government documents registry (including a link to a list of known US federal government agencies), the HathiTrust Research Center plus more are included in the update.