The following new content has been added to UC’s World of Knowledge subscription for all campuses, on the Thomson Reuters platform (http://uclibs.org/PID/119925):
- Book Citation Index (2005-present)
- Conference Proceedings Citation Index (1990-present)
- Current Contents Connect (1998-present)
- Current Chemical Reactions (1985-present)
- Data Citation Index (1900-present)
- Derwent Innovations Index (1993-present)
- Index Chemicus (1993-present)
The new interface release in January 2014 brought a few less than optimal changes that users should be aware of:
1) The UC-eLinks button is now hidden and users must click on the “Full Text” button in Web of Science to access the UC-eLinks menu. The “Full text” button does not actually indicate if the full-text available. You must still choose the UC-eLinks button to access subscription information.
2) The only indication of what database users are searching will appear in italics just below the larger display of the number of results retrieved in the left navigation bar on the results screen. See below, left.
3) Similarly, on the record screen, searchers will only see hints of the database name in the right navigation bar under “Create Citation Alert.” See below, right.
4) To perform a Cited Search searchers must use the blue down arrow next to “Basic Search.” See below.
Enhancements include the following:
1) Citation counts for all databases from Web of Science. Only databases that your campus subscribes to will link to citation results.
2) Journal Citation Reports is now more prominently displayed in the top bar of the web page as are the Research Tools (including EndNoteWeb, Researcher ID and Save Searches/Alerts).
For more information about the January 2014 interface transition and online training materials, please see http://wokinfo.com/training_support/training/web-of-knowledge/
Rikke Ogawa (UCLA) is the Resource Liaison for Web of Science. Questions? Please contact her at rikke.ogawa@LIBRARY.UCLA.EDU .