Recent Enhancements, News, and Activities
- The DataUp Version 2 phase of the project is funded by a grant from the National Science Foundation, in partnership with the DataONE organization (http://www.dataone.org).
- The newest version of DataUp was announced and demonstrated at the 2014 International Digital Curation Conference in San Francisco, CA February 24-27. Microsoft Research Connections demonstrated DataUp at a workshop on cloud-based science, and Susan Borda of UC Merced and CDL demonstrated the new tool during a tools session.
- DataUp Version 2 is available at the same URL as version 1 (http://dataup.org), and documentation on the CDL DataUp website (http://dataup.cdlib.org) has been updated to reflect the new version.
- The code for DataUp Version 2 is openly available at the new Bitbucket site, https://bitbucket.org/dataup/dataup2/.
- The add-in version of DataUp has been retired with the implementation of DataUp Version 2.
DataUp Service Description
The DataUp web application helps researchers organize, manage, archive, and share their tabular data. The major functionality is to guide researchers through the following:
- Carry out a best practices check to determine if there are issues present that might make use or interpretation of the data difficult
- Create metadata in standardized EML (Ecological Metadata Language) format
- Describe the attributes (i.e. columns) of the dataset in standard EML format
- Obtain a unique identifier for the dataset
- Generate a data citation
- Post the data and associated metadata to a data repository
DataUp Training Materials, Guides, FAQs and Webinars
The most current DataUp information is on the website (http://dataup.cdlib.org). This includes frequently asked questions and instructions on accessing and using DataUp. Other relevant sites include the code site (https://bitbucket.org/dataup/main) and the web application site (http://dataup.org).