Recent Enhancements, News, and Activities
- Development status: You can follow our progress on the wiki at: https://bitbucket.org/dmptool/main/wiki/DMPTool2Project
(and we’re working to update it with the most recent schedule). You’ll find a discussion of the new features on the DMPTool blog: http://blog.dmptool.org/.
- We set up a new listserv for DMP Admins, email@example.com. This will be where we pass along information about the new version of the DMPTool, and start to build a community around the DMPTool and data management. If you would like to be added to the listserv, please contact us.
- The DMPTool2 release is now scheduled for spring 2014. There will be a soft release for administrators a few weeks before the public release and general announcement. As those dates approach, we’ll provide a more specific timeline. Look for more information about the release on the dmpadmin-l listserv.
- We held a workshop at the International Digital Curation Conference 2014 in San Francisco on February 24, where Sarah Shreeves (UIUC) and Sherry Lake (UVa) presented on the DMPTool along with Sherry Jones of DCC who presented on DMPOnline. You’ll find more info about the workshop here: http://www.dcc.ac.uk/events/idcc14/workshops (see Workshop #3). We had a full house, with lots of great discussion and questions. Thanks to Sarah and Sherry for all their work.
- The project team held a series of meetings in January to discuss progress and plan for the new release. One of our meetings focused on the IMLS grant and how to integrate the DMPTool with other tools important to researchers.
There are now 110 participating institutions that have either configured their campus single-signon or customized the DMPTool for their users. There are participating organizations in 39 states and the District of Columbia; California leads all states with 20 participating organizations. A map of all participating organizations is available here: http://bit.ly/L85sKj.
DMPTool Service Description
The Data Management Plan Tool (DMPTool) provides an easy to use interface that:
- Helps users create ready-to-use data management plans for specific funding agencies
- Meets funder requirements for data management plans
- Provides step-by-step instructions and guidance for how to manage data
- Provides information about resources and services available at your institution to help fulfill the data management requirements of your grant
DMPTool Service Managers
- Perry Willett firstname.lastname@example.org
- Carly Strasser email@example.com
- Trisha Cruse firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact us with any questions or general correspondence. Note that campus library contacts have been embedded in the DMPTool and campus users will be directed to a local library contact.
DMPTool Training Materials, Guides, FAQs and Webinars
Help Guide: https://dmp.cdlib.org/help/guide.
Service Monitoring and Availability
Check CDL’s system status page at http://www.cdlib.org/contact/system.html.