Recent Enhancements, News, and Activities
- The transition to the new version of the tool has gone very smoothly. We’ve found and fixed a few bugs (and are still working on a couple of them), but for the most part everything is working well. Let us know if you encounter any problems, either by email to email@example.com, or by filing a bug report at https://github.com/cdluc3/dmptool/issues. Please be sure to include contact info, and a URL and screen shot along with a detailed description.
- All aspects of the new DMPTool are getting a good workout:
- DMPTool institutional administrators are customizing templates for their users. We’ve had admins from 36 institutions add customizations to almost 250 templates since we released the new version.
- Our FAQs (http://ask.dmptool.org/questions/) are getting lots of views, with some questions getting hundreds.
- And use of the DMPTool continues to grow. We had almost 350 new users in June, and there were 387 plans created in June. For the first time, DMPTool users created more plans than there were new users.
- A half-day workshop on the DMPTool was given at the DataONE Users Group meeting on July 7. More information is available here: http://www.dataone.org/dataone-users-group. The workshop was led by Andrew Sallans (Center for Open Science), Patricia Cruse (California Digital Library), Sherry Lake (University of Virginia Libraries) and Amber Budden (DataONE).
There are now 117 participating institutions that have either configured their campus single-signon or customized the DMPTool for their users. There are participating organizations in 41 states and the District of Columbia; California leads all states with 20 participating organizations. A map of all participating organizations is available here: http://bit.ly/L85sKj.
DMPTool Service Description
The Data Management Plan Tool (DMPTool) provides an easy to use interface that:
- Helps users create ready-to-use data management plans for specific funding agencies
- Meets funder requirements for data management plans
- Provides step-by-step instructions and guidance for how to manage data
- Provides information about resources and services available at your institution to help fulfill the data management requirements of your grant
DMPTool Service Managers
- Perry Willett firstname.lastname@example.org
- Carly Strasser email@example.com
- Trisha Cruse firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact us with any questions or general correspondence. Note that campus library contacts have been embedded in the DMPTool and campus users will be directed to a local library contact.
DMPTool Training Materials, Guides, FAQs and Webinars
Documentation and outreach materials:
- Webinars: http://blog.dmptool.org/webinar-series/
- Presentations and press: http://blog.dmptool.org/presentations-and-press/
- Promotional materials: https://dmptool.org/promote
- General help: https://dmptool.org/help
- DMPTool administrator help: https://github.com/CDLUC3/dmptool/wiki
Service Monitoring and Availability
Check CDL’s system status page at http://www.cdlib.org/contact/system.html.