Recent Enhancements, News, and Activities
- Usage continues to increase. The new version of the DMPTool continues to get a lot of use. Since launch, 75 institutions have customized the DMPTool for their researchers. For the second month in a row, there were more plans created than new users. In June, there were just a few more plans than new users, but in July, the difference is striking: 368 new users and 489 plans created. That’s the highest number of plans created in a single month since we started in October 2011.
- DOE support. We added support for the recently released US Department of Energy (DOE) data management requirements: http://blog.dmptool.org/2014/08/01/doe-data-management/. We expect more agencies to respond soon to the US Office of Science and Technology Policy:
http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2013/02/22/expanding-public-access-results-federally-funded-research. Please let us know if you are aware of new or updated agency requirements.
- DMPTool at DataONE. Andrew Sallans, Patricia Cruse and Amber Budden led a half-day workshop on the DMPTool at the DataONE Users Group meeting on July 7th. The workshop demonstrated the new functionality for both researchers and administrators, and discussed next steps. http://blog.dmptool.org/2014/06/03/dmptool-workshop-dataone/
There are now 120 participating institutions that have either configured their campus single-signon or customized the DMPTool for their users. There are participating organizations in 41 states and the District of Columbia; California leads all states with 20 participating organizations. A map of all participating organizations is available here: http://bit.ly/L85sKj.
DMPTool Service Description
The Data Management Plan Tool (DMPTool) provides an easy to use interface that:
- Helps users create ready-to-use data management plans for specific funding agencies
- Meets funder requirements for data management plans
- Provides step-by-step instructions and guidance for how to manage data
- Provides information about resources and services available at your institution to help fulfill the data management requirements of your grant
DMPTool Service Managers
- Perry Willett firstname.lastname@example.org
- Carly Strasser email@example.com
- Trisha Cruse firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact us with any questions or general correspondence. Note that campus library contacts have been embedded in the DMPTool and campus users will be directed to a local library contact.
DMPTool Training Materials, Guides, FAQs and Webinars
Documentation and outreach materials: https://github.com/CDLUC3/dmptool/wiki.
Service Monitoring and Availability
Check CDL’s system status page at http://www.cdlib.org/contact/system.html.