UC3 Dash is a systemwide service we are developing in partnership with UC campus libraries. It will allow UC campuses to provide an easy-to-use solution for the effective curation of and access to campus research data. Dash is a centralized UC3-hosted service, with campus-specific branded instances. Dash began as a project with UCSF Library and UCSF CTSI, called “DataShare” (http://datashare.ucsf.edu/).
Recent Enhancements, News, and Activities
- Code base upgrades. We are refactoring some of the Dash code base to make it easier to manage and update. This refactoring involves migrating some of the code into new languages and rewriting some of the elements (e.g., the “Contact Us” form and the login system).
- New GitHub page for code contributors. We have started a page on the GitHub wiki that will help guide developers on UC campuses or elsewhere on how to contribute code to the Dash project. Read more at https://github.com/CDLUC3/dash/wiki/Contributing-to-Dash-Development. This page is still in development.
- New GitHub page for developers. In keeping with our goal of openly developing Dash, we have migrated all of our UC3 Operations documents related to Dash from our internal wiki to the GitHub project wiki. If you are interested in the more technical aspects of Dash, check out https://github.com/CDLUC3/dash/wiki#operations-documents.
- UC Code Camp. We are excited about the first UC Code Camp, which will be held in Oakland CA August 27-28. We invite any campus developers interested in working on Dash or other UC library projects to join us! More information on the website: http://cdluc3.github.io/UC-code-camp/.
- Dash design upgrades. Visual improvements are in progress for the Dash interface, including a redesign of the home page, improved tool tips for metadata entry, and general visual improvements to the look and feel of the application. We are also finding and fixing bugs via internal testing of the system.
- Dash September meeting. The in-person meeting for campus partners interested in Dash will be held at UCLA on September 25, 2014. The goal of the meeting will be to discuss the current status of the project and to determine how best to proceed with the governance and decision-making for Dash as a systemwide service. If you are interested in attending, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Dash Github pages. We are continuing to add information to the project’s Github repository wiki. It’s publicly available to anyone without any login necessary at https://github.com/CDLUC3/dash/wiki. New feature requests and questions have been added to the Github issue tracker: https://github.com/CDLUC3/dash/issues.
Dash Service Description
Dash is a new, easy-to-use solution for the effective curation of and access to campus research data.
Dash Service Manager
- Carly Strasser firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact us with any questions or general correspondence.