Recent Enhancements, News, and Activities
- The EZID user interface redesign launched in mid-June. The redesign features include:
- Usage statistics
- Identifier search
- New identifier management tools, including metadata and statistics download
- A new, mobile friendly design
- EZID clients engaged in several interesting discussions this month. For example, one client asked how others were describing data publications using the DataCite metadata schema. Various approaches were suggested, and Starr, the co-chair of DataCite’s Metadata Working Group, brought the topic to the Working Group for further exploration. You can read the exchanges in the listserv archive.
EZID Service Manager Joan Starr held a webinar to introduce the new site on June 22, and a recording of the presentation is available on EZID’s new media page.
EZID Partners and Clients
Our current EZID clients include academic institutions, government agencies, non-profit organizations and commercial entities.
New this period:
- Marine and Coastal Research Institute of Columbia (INVEMAR) http://www.invemar.org.co
- Southern Illinois University Edwardsville – Lovejoy Library (on behalf of the University) http://www.siue.edu/lovejoylibrary
- TalkBank http://talkbank.org/
EZID Service Description
EZID (easy-eye-dee) is a production service that gives researchers the ability to create and manage long-term identifiers so that they can to track usage, get credit for their work, share their data, and have the data reused for additional research. As a result, EZID identifiers also make it possible to increase citations, to build on previous work, to conduct new research, and avoid duplicating previous efforts.
EZID Service Manager
Joan Starr contact
Service Monitoring and Availability
For information about EZID status, please consider the following options:
- API inquiries; see the API documentation here: http://ezid.cdlib.org/doc/apidoc.html#server-status
- The CDL System Status page here: http://www.cdlib.org/contact/system.html
- The EZID Status Blog: http://ezidstatus.wordpress.com/
- The EZID RSS Feed (from the blog): http://ezidstatus.wordpress.com/feed/