Recent Enhancements, News, and Activities
- We shared EZID’s development roadmap for the next 18 to 24 months: https://confluence.ucop.edu/display/DataCite/2016-2018+EZID+Roadmap.
The roadmap includes a combination of back-end and front-end work, so whether you interact with EZID via the application programming interface (API) or the user interface (UI), you will see some enhancements in the coming months. We will provide updates on the wiki page over time.
- John Kunze, EZID’s Lead Architect, will present a paper at SciDataCon, part of the upcoming International Data Week in Denver, CO (September 11-17). For those attending, John’s talk, “A Vocabulary for Persistence,” is scheduled for Monday September 12, in Session 103, Semantic Enrichment, Metadata and Data Packaging (14:00-15:30).
EZID Partners and Clients
Our current EZID clients include academic institutions, government agencies, non-profit organizations and commercial entities.
New this period:
- GNS Science http://www.gns.cri.nz/
- International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics (ICRISAT) http://www.icrisat.org/
- Texas A&M University Libraries (on behalf of TAMU) • Texas A&M University Libraries (on behalf of TAMU) http://library.tamu.edu/
EZID Service Description
EZID (easy-eye-dee) is a production service that gives researchers the ability to create and manage long-term identifiers so that they can to track usage, get credit for their work, share their data, and have the data reused for additional research. As a result, EZID identifiers also make it possible to increase citations, to build on previous work, to conduct new research, and avoid duplicating previous efforts.
EZID Service Manager
Joan Starr contact
Service Monitoring and Availability
For information about EZID status, please consider the following options: