Recent Enhancements, News, and Activities
- Enhancements. We just released some small tweaks and enhancements designed to boost community insight into DMP behaviors (details on the blog). We’re especially keen to collect feedback about what DMP metrics are most useful as we consider future work on a metrics dashboard. The new changes include:
- removing the default plan visibility setting and asking researchers to select one when the begin a new plan (public, institutional, private, test)
- adding “test or practice” as a new visibility option
- modifying the API calls to get a list of plans to include private plans.
- A U.S. government-based initiative called CENDI launched a website to track information about Public Access Plans issued by federal agencies in response to the OSTP memo. So far it contains links to 17 plans and award dates for requirements related to publications and data management plans.
- Machine-actionable DMPs. We had a productive stint in Denver at International Data Week (11-17 Sept), where we presented use cases for machine-actionable DMPs and charted more inroads into the international data/DMP community (slides here). We’re designing a workshop for IDCC 2017 in Edinburgh (20-23 Feb) so mark your calendars and stay tuned for more details on this front. And please continue sending us your ideas!
- Roadmap update. The UC3-DCC dev team is completing some clean-up of the database and code. We’ll embark on our first sprint on Oct 1 and aim to demo the new platform at IDCC in Feb. Our next detailed progress report is in the works. And we’re primed to begin adding documentation to the wiki for DMPRoadmap. Stay tuned…
There are now 194 participating institutions that have either configured their campus single sign-on or customized the DMPTool for their users. Welcome to the following new institutions:
University of South Carolina
DMPTool Service Description
The Data Management Plan Tool (DMPTool) provides an easy to use interface that:
- Helps users create ready-to-use data management plans for specific funding agencies
- Meets funder requirements for data management plans
- Provides step-by-step instructions and guidance for how to manage data
- Provides information about resources and services available at your institution to help fulfill the data management requirements of your grant
Connect with the DMPTool
- Please contact us with any questions or general correspondence (Note that campus library contacts have been embedded in the DMPTool and campus users will be directed to a local library contact)
- Get status updates via the DMPTool blog
- Read more about the code, the project, and contributing to development on the DMPTool GitHub site
- Log enhancements or bugs in the DMPTool GitHub Issue Tracker
- Check out our DMPTool Twitter account
Service Monitoring and Availability
Check CDL’s system status page at http://www.cdlib.org/contact/system.html