All American Institute of Physics Publishing (AIP) journals and Member Society publications transitioned in December 2016 to a newly redesigned Scitation platform. Member Societies include:
- AVS (American Vacuum Society)
- Acoustical Society of America
- American Association of Physics Teachers
- American Crystallographic Association
- Laser Institute of America
- CPS (Chinese Physical Society)
- Society of Rheology
According to the AIP Scitation FAQ, improvements on the new platform include:
- Faster navigation to the articles and research you’re searching for, plus editors’ recommendations to help you find similar content wherever it appears in AIP Publishing titles
- Redesigned pages to reduce distractions and make articles easier to read
- An enhanced figure viewer to help you explore visual content
- A simpler address – Scitation.org – for all our content, and more reliable access and improved readability across the spectrum of mobile devices and browsers
- Dedicated collaboration tools to simplify sharing information with colleagues and social networks
- More efficient, standardized library administration, including account management and usage reporting
Links to all licensed publications are re-directing to the new platform. Campus proxy administrators have been notified of changes to proxy configuration.
The Scitation platform can be found at http://www.scitation.org/.
Andrea Duda (UCSB) is the Resource Liaison for the American Institute of Physics (AIP) publications.