Recent Enhancements, News, and Activities
- Templates. We’re working on adding some new and reviewing some existing templates, particularly in light of the new “themes” and machine-actionable DMP efforts (see below). As always, please notify us of any pressing template needs and we’ll move them to the front of the queue.
- Themes. The themes are available on the GitHub wiki for the Roadmap project; these themes will be implemented in the next version of the tool to help admins tag guidance across templates. They also serve as a foundation for exploring a common structure for all DMPs. One pilot project is already underway: a Data Documentation Initiative (DDI) group will test an exchange of DMP content with an automated mapping of themes to DDI elements used by social science repositories. Stay tuned as things develop in the coming months.
- Roadmap update. The UC3-DCC team had an intensely productive week together at IDCC 2017. Interested parties can find loads of documentation (on the GitHub wiki) about our progress, plans for the future, and ways to get involved. A detailed DMPTool blog update will be out in the coming days.
- Machine-actionable DMPs. We hosted a rousing workshop at IDCC to continue developing use cases for machine-actionable DMPs. Many many thanks to the 47 participants from 16 countries—including repository managers, data librarians, funders, researchers, technologists, etc.—who contributed their ideas and galvanized the community around a shared set of goals for the future. We’re gratified to advance past our hand waving on this topic and will be sharing the outputs of the workshop in short order. This will feed into the agenda for the Active DMPs Interest Group session at the RDA plenary in Barcelona, just around the corner (6 Apr), where we aim to establish some working groups.
There are now 206 participating institutions that have either configured their campus single sign-on or customized the DMPTool for their users. Welcome to the following new institutions:
California State University, Fullerton
California State University, Northridge
University of Nevada, Reno
Upstate Medical University
DMPTool Service Description
The Data Management Plan Tool (DMPTool) provides an easy to use interface that:
- Helps users create ready-to-use data management plans for specific funding agencies
- Meets funder requirements for data management plans
- Provides step-by-step instructions and guidance for how to manage data
- Provides information about resources and services available at your institution to help fulfill the data management requirements of your grant
Connect with the DMPTool
- Please contact us with any questions or general correspondence (Note that campus library contacts have been embedded in the DMPTool and campus users will be directed to a local library contact)
- Get status updates via the DMPTool blog
- Read more about the code, the project, and contributing to development on the DMPTool GitHub site
- Log enhancements or bugs in the DMPTool GitHub Issue Tracker
- Check out our DMPTool Twitter account
Service Monitoring and Availability
Check CDL’s system status page at http://www.cdlib.org/contact/system.html