Become a Contributor
If you are a California institution with historical and cultural heritage materials (records, manuscripts, artifacts, data sets, or other primary sources), consider contributing to DSC. We’re committed to making it easy for institutions of all sizes and with varying technical infrastructure to publish digital records and items.
Contributing is free and offers several benefits to institutions:
- Promote online public access to your collections through OAC and Calisphere
- Enhance research potential by integrating your collection guides and digital objects with those from across the state
- Take advantage of free tools, services, and consultation to help you create content and publish it to the web
- Expand your grants opportunities by establishing a sustained, trusted partnership
2. Complete our one-time Contributing Member Application and Collection Profile Form [DOC] and return it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. A CDL representative will contact your institution to review the information that you provided and discuss the services we offer, and confirm your membership status.
4. Next, complete a CDL Digital Special Collections Service Agreement [PDF]. A pre-completed version of this form will be provided to you by your CDL representative. The agreement must be completed and signed by a representative who is authorized to enter into legal agreements for your institution (e.g., the director of your institution). Send the completed agreement using the following options:
- Print and mail hard copies: Print two copies of the agreement and sign both of them. Mail the copies to us at:
- Print and e-mail as PDF: Print and sign a copy of the agreement. Convert it to PDF, and e-mail the copy to us at email@example.com
California Digital Library
ATTN: Licensing Department
415 20th Street, 4th Floor
Oakland, CA 94612-2901
5. Once the Service Agreement is received, your institution will be formally established as a contributing member. The primary contact(s) listed in your application will: