Become a Contributor
If you are a California institution with historical and cultural heritage materials (records, manuscripts, artifacts, data sets, or other primary sources), consider contributing to DSC. We’re committed to making it easy for institutions of all sizes and with varying technical infrastructure to publish digital records and items.
Contributing is free and offers several benefits to institutions:
- Promote online public access to your collections through OAC and Calisphere
- Enhance research potential by integrating your collection guides and digital objects with those from across the state
- Take advantage of free tools, services, and consultation to help you create content and publish it to the web
- Expand your grants opportunities by establishing a sustained, trusted partnership
2. Complete a one-time Contributing Member Application and Collection Profile Form [DOC] and return it to us at email@example.com.
3. A CDL representative will contact your institution to review the information that you provided and discuss the services we offer, and confirm your membership status.
4. Complete a CDL/UC Libraries Digital Assets Submission Agreement [PDF] and an associated CDL/UC Libraries Digital Assets Submission Inventory [RTF] (the latter will be partially prepared by your CDL representative, based on your initial discussions):
- Prepare two copies of the Agreement, indicating either license option 3.1 or 3.2 (choose one option only). Each copy must be signed in original by a representative who is authorized to enter into legal agreements for your institution (e.g., the director of your institution).
- Complete the copy of the Inventory prepared by your CDL representative.
- Send the documents to us at the following address:
California Digital Library
ATTN: Licensing Department
415 20th Street, 4th Floor
Oakland, CA 94612-2901
- Upon acceptance, we will countersign and return one original copy of the Agreement.
- Additionally, e-mail a copy of the completed Inventory to your CDL representative.
5. Once the Agreements and Inventory are received, your institution will be formally established as a contributing member. The primary contact(s) listed in your application will: