BrowZine Trial - April 1- April 30, 2013
Please fill out this short survey before April 30!!
The libraries are running a trial of a new technology called BrowZine, a tablet application that allows you to browse, read and monitor many of the library’s journals, all from your iPad.
To facilitate your research, articles found in BrowZine can easily be sent to Zotero, Dropbox or several other services to help keep all of your information together in one place.
To learn more, please take a look at this short (two minute) video:http://thirdiron.com/browzine-ipad-app/video/
For the trial, search for “BrowZine” in the App Store and download the app for free; when initially launching BrowZine, select your campus from the drop down list.
This trial ends April 30, 2013.
We would appreciate your feedback while we consider subscribing to this service.
This list of known issues will be updated during the trial.
- For the following campuses: Please ensure your iPad is configured for VPN to ensure resource access regardless of wireless network used. (UCB, UCI, UCLA, UCM, UCR, UCSD, UCSF).
- UC Davis access is available from on-campus only during the trial period.
- UCOP is limited to open access titles during the trial period, and does not require VPN configuration.
- If you have problems with wireless or VPN connectivity for your iPad, please contact your local campus library or IT department.
- You may experience intermittent crashes when using BrowZine on the iPad 1.
- The trial configuration is currently using a test set of titles (STEM-heavy) for display, so not all subscribed titles will be visible.
- Conversely, during the trial period, BrowZine may display journals that your library does not subscribe to - these articles will not be available for viewing.
- Journal article content is available for 2005 and later.
- Additional information for UC Librarians
After trying BrowZine, please fill out this short survey.
If you have any problems or questions, please contact us via our troubleshooting form.