Policy & Procedure
Collection Development Policies
- Collection Development Framework: Principles guiding the development of CDL collections.
- CDL Process for One-Time Purchases and Guidelines for Campuses When Purchasing Local Resources: Principles guiding the purchase of one-time resources.
- Package vs. Title-by-Title Purchasing Considerations for E-Monographs: A checklist that is useful for decisions on whether to purchase an ebook package.
- Factors to Consider When Licensing Out-of-Copyright Materials: Evaluation criteria for out-of-copyright resources; developed by CDL and Joint Steering Committee (JSC).
- Open Access Resources at the UC Libraries: Policies and procedures for shared cataloging, linking, and management.
- Managing Changes to Journal Packages: Title management of CDL-licensed journal packages, including adding titles, managing title transfers, and trial access.
- Decision Flow for CDL Licensing: CDL licensing flow chart, including JSC, CDC, and Bibliographer Group decision points.
Cost Allocation Principles for CDL Licensed Resources
- Role of Co-Investment: The use of co-investment in building UC shared digital collections.
- Cost-Sharing Models [DOC]: Principles underlying the cost sharing model for co-funding electronic resources as endorsed by the JSC and CDC.
- Current Year Standard Shares [XLSX]: Campus percentage shares recommended by the JSC.
- Merced Shared Digital Collection Co-Investment Models [DOC]: Goals and principles for the inclusion of Merced into Tier 1 licenses.
- Policy for Co-investment of Open Access Subsidies or Memberships with UC Authorship: Policy for allocating cost for OA resources.
Tiered Approach to Licensed Collections
- Tiered Approach to Licensed Collections: Describes the dual ("tiered") approach to licensing by the CDL and campuses; defines Tiers 1-4
- Licensing Toolkit: How to Manage a Tier 2 License
Database Transition & Customization Principles
- Database Transition Principles: Principles for transitioning a database from one platform to another.
- Principles for Overlapping Access Periods: Principles for establishing overlapping access periods when changing database providers.
- Database Customization Principles: Principles for database customization and account administration.
- CDL Technical Guidelines for Vendors: Includes information about major technical issues, CDL's preferred solutions, and the implications for vendors.
- CDL Mobile Support Policy for CDL Licensed Resources: Consideratons for accessing CDL Licensed Resources from mobile devices.
Last updated: October 17, 2014
Document owner: Wendy Parfrey