Discovery & Delivery: Job Opportunities
Be part of a team shaping the future of discovery & delivery.
Position: Delivery Service Product Manager (3-year contract)
You are a service-oriented, creative, innovative individual who is eager to evaluate existing delivery services, including our link resolver and integrated interlibrary loan and document delivery services and to make recommendations for improvements to existing services, or for developing additional services.
You will take a goal-oriented approach focusing on the problems that we are trying to solve rather than the technology that is in place. You will focus on what scholars are trying to accomplish when using our services, uncovering roadblocks and gaps, and envisioning solutions. You will bring a sense of curiosity, and both analytical and problem-solving skills to the position. In order to be successful in this position, you will think strategically, have demonstrated success in working across service and organizational lines, and will successfully collaborate with others to realize your vision.
About the position
The Delivery Services Product Manager will work with established teams that have many years of experience successfully running large scale services for the University of California's scholars and staff. The Delivery Services Product Manager will contribute knowledge of emerging technologies and trends as they affect delivery of content including mass digitized content, born digital content, the proliferation of open access models, new services and partnership opportunities with institutional, regional and national repositories and newly emerging publishing platforms. Within the California Digital Library, the Delivery Services Product Manager will be an active partner and collaborate with other CDL staff, and will work on cross-team projects, as well as system wide initiatives, regional and national activities.
We are the California Digital Library’s Discovery & Delivery Team. We're planning and building the next generation of library services even as we make our existing systems better. We need you to help us make it happen. Read more about what we do and our strategic goals for the Discovery & Delivery Team on the CDL website.
- Broad knowledge of product development concepts, practices, standards and processes.
- Demonstrated ability to identify key issues critical to the organization's need and the success of a desired product, service, enhancement.
- Proven ability to research, collect and analyze qualitative and quantitative information to use in determining product options or alternatives.
- Strong organization, and project management skills. Strong oral communication skills. Strong written communications skills.
- Ability to lead, build consensus and promote the exchange of information among project team, internal and external constituencies.
- Knowledge of resource sharing and link resolvers in academic libraries.
- Strong focus on identifying user needs using a variety of methods.
- Demonstrated track record in successfully translating user needs into improved or new services.
- At least 3-5 years experience working in an academic library or a related field.
- See the full job description for a complete list of requirements.
- Master's Degree in Information Sciences or related subject specialty.
Get details and apply here: UCOP job website (requisition 20130325)