The Request service provides fast and convenient interlibrary loan (ILL) and document delivery service (DDS) to UC faculty, students, and staff. Users can access Request from the Melvyl® Catalog, UC-eLinks, or from Citation Linker.
How do users benefit?
- Request speeds things up. Most user requests are sent directly to the lending institution. Many requests for journal articles can be delivered via the web.
- Request eliminates most of the work. Request gets the citation information directly from Melvyl, from UC-eLinks, or from PubMed so users don’t have to copy and paste.
How does it work?
- Request is integrated with the VDX ILL management system from OCLC.
Want to learn more about Resource Sharing?
- Listen to a team from UC Irvine Libraries discuss their innovative pilot project, “Just Get It: The Search for Value-Based Delivery (Interlibrary Loan)” [ReadyTalk]
Kristine Ferry, Head of Access Services, UC Irvine Libraries
Gerry Lopez, Head of Document Access & Delivery, UC Irvine Libraries
John Novak, Acting Head of Collection Development, UC Irvine Libraries
and Keith Powell, Head of Acquisitions, UC Irvine Libraries
- Thursday, January 10, 2013 Webinar Recording [Streaming]
- Check out the latest OCLC Resource Sharing webinars.