You can save searches using the My WorldCat / My Saved Searches feature. A WorldCat account is required.
To begin, Sign in using your WorldCat account and do your search.
- After performing your search, click Save Search.
- Type a name and description in the fields provided.
- Select a privacy setting for your search.
- Click Save Search.
The dialog box closes and a confirmation message appears.
You can access your saved searches by selecting My Saved Searches from the My WorldCat dropdown menu at the top of the screen:
You can save items using the My WorldCat / My Lists feature. A WorldCat account is required.
To begin, Sign in using your WorldCat account and search for the items you are interested in.
- Click the check box next to one or more items in your results. To save all items in the result set, click Select All. To remove any checks you have made, click Clear All.
Note: You must click the Save button at the bottom of each web page. If you move on to the Next page without saving the items on the current page, the checked items will not be saved into your list. Make this a habit -- always Save to your list at the bottom of each page of search results!
- Select the down arrow at the right of the "Save to:" list and choose the default, [New List], or an existing list.
- Click Save.
For an example, see below:
A confirmation message appears, and any checked boxes are cleared.
See WorldCat Help (link is available at the bottom of each screen) for more information on Lists.
A manual update service (you re-run the search criteria when desired) is available via the My Saved Searches feature. To begin, Sign in using your WorldCat account and follow the instructions for Saved Searches in section above.
To re-run a saved search, select My Saved Searches from the My WorldCat dropdown menu.
- Note the previous number of results retrieved by the search, listed in the Saved Search Results display.
- Click the hyperlinked search to re-run the search in Melvyl.
- To see the items added since you last ran the search, change the 'Sort by' dropdown menu from the default (Relevance Only) to Date (Newest First).
- The newest items to match your search criteria will display first.