Metasearch Infrastructure Project
The metasearch infrastructure project is no longer active.
Links to needs assessments, usability studies and reports associated with this project are provided below.
- American West Assessment Findings [PDF] User needs assessment of high school social studies teachers and their use of digital objects in teaching practices. (January 2005)
More information on American West can be found in our Digital Special Collections.
Needs Assessment & Usability
- Core collection assesment [PDF] Findings from a series of interviews conducted with ten UC Berkeley undergraduate students. (July 2004)
- Core Collection Search Portal [PDF] Assessment and usability activities conducted with UC Santa Cruz undergraduate students. (October 2004)
- UCLA European Integration Portal [PDF] A metasearch assessment exploring the research habits of experienced researchers. (July 2005)
- UC Health Sciences Libraries Metasearch Exploration, Part 1 [PDF] Focus group findings forh UC Davis health sciences graduate students explore the potential use and adoption of metasearch. (March 2006)
- UC Health Sciences Libraries Metasearch Exploration, Part 2 [PDF]: Findings from focus groups conducted with medical faculty, researchers, and residents to explore the potential use and adoption of metasearch. (August 2006)
The California Digital Library was awarded a two-year National Science Foundation grant, beginning October 1, 2003 to build on and enhance the National Science Digital Library (NSDL). The grant was completed in August, 2006.
Needs Assessment &Usability
- Earth Sciences Metasearch Portal Usability Testing [PDF] Findings from a round of usability testing conducted at UCLA on a prototype earth sciences metasearch portal. (June 2006)
- NSDL Focus Groups and Market AssessmentFinal report [PDF] Findings from a series of focus groups and market assessment conducted by CDL on behalf of the National Science Digital Library. (July 2004)