CDL's Service Commitment to UC-eLinks Users
The UC-eLinks and Information Services teams at CDL are committed to meeting the needs of the campus UC-eLinks users.
1. Open Communication
- Ownership of the CDL UC-eLinks website. This contains how-to instructions, documentation, policies, contact information, and usage statistics.
2. Problem Resolution
We provide a clear set of expectations for resolution of UC-eLinks problems.
- We provide a single point of contact for problem reporting, the Report a Problem option in the UC-eLinks menu window. (This form automatically captures the user's context to assist CDL in responding to the problem.)
- We attempt to respond fully so that our respondents do not have to ask multiple questions to get their issues resolved.
- To report a problem with the functionality of UC-eLinks in general, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We define a critical issue as one that does any of the following:
- Makes unavailable a system required to do necessary work
- Makes unusable a system required to do necessary work (with no workaround)
- Jeopardizes the integrity of the data
- Causes system instability.
3. System Maintenance
We maintain stable systems with high availability and performance.
- We schedule standard maintenance for low-use hours.
- For large scale maintenance: 12:01 a.m. to 8 a.m. Saturday and 12:01 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. Sunday.
- We carefully monitor our own (in-house) systems, both for performance and availability.
- We regularly upgrade vendor software to ensure it is current.
- We keep our operating environment up to date in support of the current supportable hardware and software and to keep the systems secure.