Using UC-eLinks with EndNote
The OpenURL feature in EndNote allows you to save re-executable OpenURLs (UC-eLinks) with the citations you save into your EndNote libraries. This will provide all the UC-eLinks services, including full text access (when available), the ability to check local holdings, etc., from your saved citations.
- In EndNote, go to the Edit menu and choose Preferences…
- Select OpenURL/PDF at the bottom of the left-hand menu.
- Check the Enable OpenURL checkbox.
- Change the OpenURL Path to the following: http://ucelinks.cdlib.org:8888/sfx_local
- In the Arguments box, change the beginning from "?sid=ISI:WoS" to "?sid=ISI:EndNote".
- Click OK.
To use UC-eLinks:
- First open a citation in one of your EndNote libraries. Note that simply highlighting the citation is not enough.
- From the References... menu, select URL/OpenURL Link.