Articles and Reports
- Abrams S, Goethals A, Klein M, Lack R (2016) Cobweb: A Collaborative Collection Development Platform for Web Archiving. Research Ideas and Outcomes 2: e8760. doi:10.3897/rio.2.e8760
- Abrams S, Katz J, Simms S, Strong M, and Willett P. Dash: Data sharing made easy at the University of California. 11th International Digital Curation Conference. Amsterdam, Netherlands.
- Simms S, Jones S, Strong M, and Ribeiro, M. The future of data management planning: Tools, policies, and players. 11th International Digital Curation Conference. Amsterdam, Netherlands.
- Simms S, Jones S, Ashley K, Ribeiro M, Chodacki J, Abrams S, Strong M (2016) Roadmap: A Research Data Management Advisory Platform. Research Ideas and Outcomes 2: e8649. doi: 10.3897/rio.2.e8649
- Abrams, Stephen. A foundational framework for digital curation: The Sept domain model. iPRES 2015, The 12th International Conference on Digital Preservation. UC Office of the President (2015). Retrieved from: http://escholarship.org/uc/item/75v3z67n
Abrams, Stephen. Rising from firm foundations. D-Lib Magazine 22, no.3/4 (2015) http://www.dlib.org/dlib/march15/03inbrief.html
- Kratz J, Strasser C (2015). Researcher Perspectives on Publication and Peer Review of Data. PLoS ONE 10(2): e0117619. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0117619.
- Kratz, J., and Strasser, C. (2015). Making data count. 2. (150039).Scientific Data, 2. doi:10.1038/sdata.2015.39
Kratz, J., and Strasser, C. (2015). Making Data Count survey response. http://dx.doi.org/10.5060/d8h59d/
- Starr J, Castro E, Crosas M, Dumontier M, Downs RR, Duerr R, Haak L, Haendel M, Herman I, Hodson S, Hourclé J, Kratz JE, Lin J, Nielsen LH, Nurnberger A, Pröll S, Rauber A, Sacchi
- S, Smith AP, Taylor M, Clark T. (2015) Achieving human and machine accessibility of cited data in scholarly publications. PeerJ PrePrints 3: https://peerj.com/preprints/697v3/
- Abrams, Stephen, Patricia Cruse, Carly Strasser, Perry Willet, Geoffrey Boushey, Julia Kochi, Megan Laurance, and Angela Rizk-Jackson. "DataShare: Empowering Researcher Data Curation." International Journal of Digital Curation 9, no. 1 (2014): 110-118. http://www.ijdc.net/index.php/ijdc/article/view/9.1.110/345
- Kratz JE and Strasser C. "Data Publication Consensus and Controversies." F1000Research, no. 3 (2014): 94. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4097345/pdf/f1000research-3-5878.pdf
- Strasser C, Kunze J, Abrams S and Cruse P. DataUp: A tool to help researchers describe and share tabular data [version 2; referees: 2 approved]. F1000Research 2014, 3:6
- Strasser, Carly; Cruse, Patricia; & Abrams, Stephen. (2014). Dash: Improving Community Repositories for Better Data Sharing. UC Office of the President: California Digital Library. Retrieved from: http://eprints.cdlib.org/uc/item/2mw6v93b
- Strasser, Carly, Stephen Abrams, and Patricia Cruse. " DMPTool 2: Expanding Functionality for Better Data Management Planning." International Journal of Digital Curation 9, no. 1 (2014): 324-330. http://www.ijdc.net/index.php/ijdc/article/view/9.1.324/361
- Abrams, Stephen Wittman, Noah Rizk-Jackson, Angela and Kochi, Julia. Sharing Data-Rich Research through Repository Layering Open Repositories 2013 8-12 July 2013, Charlottetown, PEI, Canada
- Abrams, Stephen, John Kunze, and David Loy, "An Emergent Micro-Services Approach to Digital Curation Infrastructure," iPRES 2009: the Sixth International Conference on Preservation of Digital Objects. Proceedings, 4-11. Also "An Emergent Micro-Services Approach to Digital Curation Infrastructure,"International Journal of Digital Curation 5:1 (2010) 172-186.
- Abrams, Stephen, Sheila Morrissey, and Tom Cramer, "'What? So what?': The Next-Generation JHOVE2 Architecture for Format-Aware Characterization," International Journal of Digital Curation 4:3 (2009) 123-136.
- Abrams, Stephen, Patricia Cruse and John Kunze, "Preservation is Not a Place." International Journal of Digital Curation, 4:1 (2009): 8-21.
- Stephen Abrams, Patricia Cruse, John Kunze, and David Minor (2011), “Curation micro-services: A pipeline metaphor for repositories,” Journal of Digital Information 12.2 https://journals.tdl.org/jodi/index.php/jodi/article/view/1605/1766
- Cruse, Patricia and Beth Sandore. "The Library of Congress National Digital Information Infrastructure and Preservation Program." Library Trends, 57:3 (2009): 301-314.
[Find it at your library]
- Kunze, John, Patricia Cruse, Rachael Hu, et al. "Practices, Trends, and Recommendations in Technical Appendix Usage for Selected Data-Intensive Disciplines." Report for the Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation. (Nov 2010).
- Michener, William, Patricia Cruse, John Kunze, at al. "DataONE: Data Observation Network for Earth – Preserving Data and Enabling Innovation in the Biological and Environmental Sciences." D-Lib Magazine, 17:1/2 (Jan/Feb 2011).
- Seneca, Tracy. "The Web-at-Risk at Three: Overview of an NDIIPP Web Archiving Initiative." Library Trends, 57:3 (2009): 427-441. [Find it at your library]
- Seneca, Tracy. "Whither the Web: How Libraries can Preserve Our Digital Cultural Heritage," In: Deidre Irwin Ross (Ed.), Issues in Librarianship: Presented Papers at the ALA 2008 Annual Conference. Chicago: American Library Association, 2008.
[Find it at your library]
- Starr, Joan; Willett, Perry; Federer, Lisa; Horning, Claudia; and Bergstrom, Mary Linn. "A Collaborative Framework for Data Management Services: The Experience of the University of California," Journal of eScience Librarianship: 1:2 (2012):109-114.
- Starr, Joan. "isCitedBy: A Metadata Scheme for DataCite," D-Lib Magazine, 17:1/2 (Jan/Feb 2011).
- Willett, Perry. "Mass Digitization and its Impact on Interlending and Document Supply," Interlending and Document Supply 37:3 (2009): 143-148. [Find it at your library]
Last updated: June 07, 2016