User Experience Design Reports and Presentations
- Using Melvyl: Reactions to Features New and Old: Findings from usability testing and interviews held April 2012 exploring Melvyl's Central Index and View Now features.
- Melvyl Central Index / View Now Pilot – Assessment and Recommendations: Recommendations concerning the Melvyl Central Index/View Now Pilot.
- UC Libraries Academic e-Book Usage Survey: Analysis of a UC systemwide survey conducted by the UC Libraries in October 2010 for the purpose of assessing the user experience with academic e-books generally and the Springer e-Book Pilot Project specifically, May 2011.
- Mobile Strategy Report: A report detailing UC user behavior patterns surrounding mobile devices and strategic recommendations for the California Digital Library.
- E-books: Understanding the Basics: A brief article about the basics of e-books and e-book readers.
- UC-eLinks Direct Linking Usability Report: Findings from a round of usability testing performed on UC-eLinks Direct Linking in January 2009 at UC Berkeley.
- Communication and Collaboration: Priorities and Perspectives on the UC Libraries-CDL Partnership: Final report of findings and recommendations from the CDL Spring 2006 assessment project, including interviews conducted at all ten UC campuses.
- OAC Usability Report [PDF]: Findings from the August 2008 round of usability testing for an Online Archive of California prototype.
- "Mobile Strategy Presentation" Presented by Rachael Hu and Alison Meier to CDL staff, August 12, 2010.
- "California Digital Library: Designing for the User" Presented by Rachael Hu at the Missouri Digitization Conference, March 10, 2009.
- "UC-eLinks Assessment Report" Presented by Jane Lee at Users' Council Meeting, May 11, 2007.
- "Listening to Users: How User Communities Can Inform Design" Presented by Felicia Poe at the Digital Library Federation Spring Forum 2006 held in Austin, TX.
- "Reusability of University Digital Archives: Meeting the Needs of K-12 Teachers" Presented by Felicia Poe and Isaac Mankita at the OpenEd 2005 Conference held in Logan, UT.